Funding Scheme for the Development of an Eco- Management and Audit System in private and public sector Organisations
The Department of Environment, of the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and the Environment has announced the Funding Program (grant) for the Development of an Eco Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) in private and public sector organisations.
The purpose of the Funding Scheme is to help the organisations to develop an Environmental Management System (EMS) according to EMAS or to improve their current Environmental Management System (ISO 14001 standard).
By implementing the requirements of the EMAS Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009, the organisations will be able to reduce the environmental impacts from their activities, to reduce the use of natural resources (water, energy etc) and therefore to achieve continual improvement of their Environmental performance.
You can get informed for all the benefits of its implementation in our ‘’EMAS’’ services description.
Terms of participation in the Funding Scheme
- Any private company that is officially registered in the Registrar Officer’s Record. Hotel’s need to have valid operations license from Cyprus Tourism Organisation to participate.
- Each company / organization should submit only one application for the grant.
- A business or organization that has been approved for a grant by another plan for the same purpose, is not allowed to participate.
- A business / organization that will upgrade its EMS from ISO 14001 to EMAS will be subsidized only for the cost of the necessary changes (environmental statement preparation cost and validation and verification cost) and not for the initial development of an EMS.
- Businesses / organizations must be firstly registered in the EMAS Record, according to the requirements of Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 and Law no. 10 (I) / 2012; and then will be able to apply for the grant.
Amount of Fund
70% of the total expenses with maximum fund:
- Case 1: Development of an EMS according to EMAS
– Development Cost: max €2000
– Verification and Validation Cost: max €500
- Case 2: Upgrade of EMS from ISO 14001 to EMAS
– Total Costs: max €500
Deadline for the applications: 30 October 2020
The applications submitted first will be evaluated first.
If you feel that your business is ready to implement an EMS according to EMAS, you can contact our Business Consultants to help you anytime.
Source: Department of Environment