January 8, 2019
Tips for a CV Preparation
8 DON’Ts in a CV
- Avoid large text and small font
- Do not write irrelevant and useless work experience for a specific job position
- Avoid inconsistent formatting
- Do not use personal pronouns and abbreviations
- Avoid a photo, unless it is required in the job application. In that case choose a photo that you look serious and adjust the privacy settings of your social media photos, so the recruiters will not have full access.
- Do not provide a wrong or not professional email address e.g «email@example.com».
- Do not use 2 languages in the same CV (for example using English words in a Greek CV)
- Do not prepare it in an unacceptable storage format
8 DO’ s in a CV
- Write clearly your personal information
- Provide in 3-4 lines your Career Objective
- Write your Education (master’s degree, bachelor’s degree, high school) starting from the most recent one.
- Write your work experience as follows: job position, duration and the company’s name. Start from the most recent one.
- Write your Qualifications – recognized certificates such as foreign languages, computers, accounting, etc.
- Extra Curriculum Activities – seminars you have attended, publications, participations in organizations and groups, contests, etc.
- Report in a line your interests without any explanations and analysis.
- References -write the contact information of the people they have already given to you, otherwise write that they are ‘’available on request’’.
Prepared by Elina Andreou.